23.11.13

Supermarket Yoga





 
Dress: Wren. Blazer: Vintage from my Mom's closet. Shoes: Modcloth. Tights: Gap.

Recently I scored this absolutely amazinnnggg dress by Wren off of ebay on the cheap. It was one of those instances where it came from hong kong and I had no idea if it would actually be the real thing but it was so all is good! This dress is actually ridiculously comfortable. The fabric looks like it would be stiff and itchy but its surprisingly super soft and breathable.

When creating this outfit I kind of wanted to go for a mystic/70's disco queen kind of vibe. My mom has this amazing metallic green blazer she bought in the early 1990's which was absolutely imperative in finding inspiration for this outfit. The shoes I'm wearing are from Modcloth that I bought for Prom last spring that I have since realized was such a good decision because they go with everything and make me look like a princess.

Back to inspiration. Over the past year I've really loved the aesthetic of 1970's Disco because everything looks like a rug, sparkles, and is full of ~good vibes~. I feel like the 70s was when people really started to understand how important it is to mix patterns and aesthetics. I'm trying really hard not to get too nostalgic about the past because it is really unhealthy and in 2013 you can watch netflix instead of trying to be social and also get email on your phone (unless your me who has a phone from 2007 that never works)The pattern on this dress reminds me of Miu Miu fw12 when Miuccia did those amazing brocade pattern suits that also remind me of rugs and second empire drawing rooms (holler attcha Sartre). I also thought a lot about the aesthetic of the most recent Arcade Fire Album. It has these hollow poetic lyrics and sound but when the band performs you get this very haunted, saturated disco feeling.
Obviously the moodboard for this outfit involves a lot of stuff that is/emulates Cindy Sherman. Saturated, drenched in blood, sweat, and deep blues, oranges, and greens.
Miu Miu F/W12 campaign featuring Chloe Sevingy. Cindy Sherman. Meadham Kirchhoff for Topshop Campaign. Regine Chassange. Degen SS13 by Beautylish
-Sophie Fransays




9 comments:

Cecilia Sammarco said...

PERFECT OUTFIT AND MOODBOARD!
C
http://visualthink.blogspot.it/

Lina said...

I love it!

Tessa said...

You are so wonderful, and so is that outfit! Definitely my favorite one of yours <3

Ola Pastuszko said...


http://fashionbytwogirls.blogspot.com

Claire said...

Oh good! I have so missed looking at your blog! This look is totally perfect and fabulous. You are such an inspiration! The lines on that jacket are absolutely KILLER with your dress, and in front of the piano your pictures look like they came straight out of a movie.

Mustika hayati said...

what a nice blog! wanna follow each other dear? :)) http://choccopost.blogspot.com/

thecoolcustomer said...

omg love that outfit you look amazing! dream jacket like seriously the structure! <3

Kimchi said...

The silhouette you created with the green jacket feels strongly reminiscent of the second photo. The outfits are really different, but they feel like sisters calling out to each other. I also really like the last photo, it is very confusing. I should crochet myself a pizza bra...

Glitterous Clitoris

Dr. kold_kadavr_flatliner, MD, the sub/dude said...

Frankly, I wouldn't be tooo worried about what the whorizontal world thot about me, dear; I'd be much more concerned about what Jesus shall say at our General Judgment. You may not like me now, yet, I’m not out to please you, girl. Lemme gonna wanna tella youse Who (grrr - New Joisey accent):

Not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like for us if ya believe: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most extra-blatant, guhroovaliciousness (-Austin POW!ers), pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy, Reality-Firepower-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué, eternal-real-McCoy-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-rrrock’nNsmmmokin’-hot-deal: PLEASE KEEP HANDS/FEET INSIDE THE WIDE UNTIL WE MADE A CIRCUMFERENCE OF NEVER-ENDING-POSSIBILITIES. Yes, we’ll have a high-flying, immense-impression to be an outstanding-red-marker! For God, anything and everything and more! is possible!! Puh-leeeze meet me Upstairs. Do that for us. Cya soon, girl…