10.3.13

WEIRD GIRL TRIGGER




Comme Des Garcons FW 13 was a collection like no other. Rei took the conventional suit and made it to an artform fit for a mad man or perhaps more of an illusionist. Full of over the top bows and layers in eccentric prints made me feel  I was in a surreal  storybook. With a mix of beetlejuice, edwardianism, dadaism, and pop art bad boys it is safe to say comme was by far the best out of anything I've seen this season.

spring1999:

prada sport s/s 2001 photographed by phil poynter


credits: prada sport ad campaign, unknown, unknown, and from this tumblr


10 comments:

Eryn said...

First one is my favourite <3 <3 Awesome post.

Katia Pellicciotta said...

The part you wrote about comme... I adore when bloggers write things that are lovely and indulgent to read, with even some poetic tone. That makes me sound like a big-word narcissist or something; I guess all I want to say is ONYA GIRL (that's really Australian for excellent work, congratulations)

Rosie said...

GRIMES GRIMES GRIMES.
I LOVE GRIMES YOU MADE MY DAYYY

R.

Britney said...

CDG and A Clockwork Orange and Grimes, all in one post? TOO MUCH AMAZINGOSITY TO HANDLE AT ONCE. TOO MUCH. -Britney

gwen said...

Love it love ittttt
Rei is the bomb.com

Angelina said...

Oh my GOD that collection is so gorgeous. I love the makeup and the headpieces and the crazy prints and just EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!! :)

Judith said...

that collection + Grimes= I'm dying <3

I V Y said...

fuck, dem printz, dat makeup. so rad!

~ ZEBRA AND MEERKAT ~ xo

Claire said...

This collection literally makes me want to wear everything in my closet at once and dance around.

Sneaky Sneak said...

gaah love both of these vids, nice post!

x