21.3.13

Mountains Beyond Mountains


I took some pictures of my friend Anna a couple weeks back for a series called "Mountains Beyond Mountains." I wanted to create a surreal David Lynch sort of world and add a Patti Smith sort of character. While shooting these I thought a lot about Arcade Fire's "Deep Blue" and Purity Ring's "Lofticries." Everything needed to feel hazy and dreamlike but also very vapid and harsh.

p.s: I'm still looking for Butch submissions! send everything my way by March 29th!

8 comments:

melina bee said...

wow, that girl has a great look. Really love the first two photos a lot. good job roma

Eryn said...

These are so gorgeous!!

Flow Disruption said...

Gorgeous, Roma! You totally nailed hazy and dreamlike. ;)

Hana said...

these are amazing! honestly thought they were scanned from a fashion magazine or something, they look so professional! you are awesome :D

alix said...

"vapid" I like that word. Yeah thats so cool, they totally feel like what you described (dreamlike/harsh). I really like these photos.

alix said...

second from the bottom ~the~ best!

Meg Davies said...

These are really beautiful and I love the meaning behind them. Definitely some Lynch-esque style going on

Morgan Brooks said...

She is beautiful, and the pictures as well!
If you get a second, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest post!
XOXO
Morgan
http://thesocialboutique.blogspot.com