17.2.13

BUTCH ISSUE 3 *yes this is happening*


HERE IS A PICTURE OF BEYONCE, SHE COMMANDS YOU TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE  CONTENT IN THIS POST

HEY FELLOW HUMANS.

I have some very exciting (or at least I find it exciting) news to share with y'all!
 I'm going to commence working on the third issue of my zine, Butch. This issue, the theme is traditional femininity which I am really looking forward to.
This theme is really vague for a reason: I'm really interested in seeing your interpretations of traditional femininity. I want to have essays about how the social gender construct influences our lives as young women. My last post was sort of a introduction as to what I hope to accomplish. I want a discussion about what it means to pretty. I want to explore hetero normative constructs of what is "girly" or "cute" as well as what pretty means for individuals that don't fit into the gender binary at all.  I also want to explore what femininity means in non western cultures.
I also want to balance this off with fun DIY's, articles about cute underwear (I LOVE CUTE UNDERWEAR), recipes for french macaroons, Marina and The Diamonds, lolita culture, a tribute to Sofia Coppola, artwork, playlists, top 10s, book reviews, and even essays on women like Cleopatra and Marie Antoinette.

WHATS NEW THIS ISSUE:
I have a collection of contributing staff who I contacted waaay back in September. They will create a lot of content for this issue. That being said, I WANT AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE TO SUBMIT PIECES TO ISSUE 3.

Another note, this issue will cost a really small price. Last issue I payed almost 80 dollars out of pocket to send color copies to people in Canada and the US. As rewarding of an experience as that was, I'm also a broke teenager.  Butch is not for profit so your money will go DIRECTLY TOWARDS COLOR COPYING AND SHIPPING FEES. I'm also researching a way to send a  hard copy of this issues mixtape. This will also make it possible for me to send butch overseas. That being said, I will still offer a digital copy but I would like to send as few as possible of those. I completely understand if you're a little uncomfortable sending your address over the internet (i am too so i sympathize).

SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE MARCH 29TH (Good Friday)

Email me all pitches and submissions to romabkins@gmail.com 


Leave all questions in the comments section!

By the way, I am very very interested in having someone who is a member of the LBGTQ community to write an essay on how traditional femininity affects them as a gay or trans* individual. Also an essay on femme and butch archetypes This essay is one that I feel is very important for this issue's theme.  




-Roma

3 comments:

Sonya Sammarco said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sonya Sammarco said...

Love your blog

Claire said...

So excited for this, it sounds amazing!