23.12.12

Or a Ribbon for your hair



Found these photos on internet K Hole the other day. I've been reading a lot about the Vietnam war and its aftermath so I felt these photos would sort of sum up how I've been feeling about everything I've read. Every couple of years or so I get really into protest music. I've found myself listening to The Grateful Dead's album "American Beauty" Lindsey Weir Style as well as "After the Goldrush" and "Volunteers". It's really funny how anger in the 60's and 70's sounds really beautiful: listening to Grace Slick saying "Up against the wall motherfucker" sounds weirdly romantic. I find it really amazing that artists back in the Vietnam era are so poetic. It kind of makes me sad that music today is just ONE GIANT SEXUAL EUPHEMISM. Then again who am I to judge? Tastes change and unfortunately I'm  too freakishly bitter and realistic to be a teenager.

2 comments:

Maxens M. Finch said...

Hmm, but teenagers can be bitter and realistic. There is no law against that (and even if there was, it wouldn't be enough to stop people being humans with their own personalities, just to act or talk about being bitter and saying realistic things), just stereotypes...

Eva said...

omg your little writing blurb (along with the photos) is perfection. i love music that is sending a message or telling a story or sharing an experience. i think music is about sending messages and expression. one reason i hate rap so much is that it's complete misogyny. it's so sexist and disgusting. i think songs should have depth and meaning. i listen to music depending on how i'm feeling or what vibe i want to surround myself with, and with a lot of modern day music there is no meaning or depth.

xx eva
stylewandering.blogspot.com