2.12.12

If I could have it back


pizzzatime:

vuls:
saw this on etsy and its totally gorgeous

Prada is so perfect this seasonfor a month of my life this was the view outside of my bedroom
st. Vincent and the Grenadines 2012 witchesandslippersandhoods:

Comme des Garçons SHIRT
First two images are unknowns, promo poster for twin peaks, a book I found on Etsy, Prada ss13 shoes, a picture outside my room in Saint Vincent, Comme Des Garcons Shirt Advert, Taboo. 

Recently I received a zine from Brittney of Flow Disruption. It is truly beautiful and honest. I wrote an essay for it about my personal body image. Brittney managed to compile quite the collection of essays, poems, and artwork. I don't think a review will do it justice so I would recommend buying it from her. There is a link to her blog on my sidebar.

I'm not going to write a whole lot in this post. Basically I've been way too busy lately with my junior year to actually play around with my aesthetic which has really stunk. I've pretty much spent all of my weekends just sleeping and freaking out about how my celebrity twin is Sam Weir.

That being said I've really been into dystopia and the idea of drifting in some sort of bizarre post apocalyptic America. I like to envision outcomes for the future. I'm kind of obsessed with the idea of the multiverse so as you can imagine, finding a way out of the "Seven Veils of Unreality" has become sort of a weird passion of mine.
Also, winter in upstate new york has begun so I'm beginning to think in the mindset of snow and small cabins in the mountains. Winter has called for listening to arcade fire and living inside of a Japanese horror film.

I am planning on starting up Butch again over Christmas break. The theme is traditional femininity. I hope you all get a chance to submit something because this issue is going to be super exciting! I have a really small staff right now so Butch 3 is going to be beyond rad.

Expect an outfit post for Tuesday.

-roma

6 comments:

Eryn said...

I love those pictures! A wonderful gathering of aesthetics.

KD said...

If you're interested in dystopia/future, you have got to read Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood. Please.

Hvit said...

Pahaha! We had the same idea. I'm starting up ON again over Christmas, so there we go. We'll have to contribute to each other's zines again. ^^ (Also I LOVED Brittney's. The style, the content. GAH it was perfect.)

I also very much like the second picture. Hope you're well, I for one can't wait to relax over Christmas a bit. Tired.

Flow Disruption said...

This is one of my favourite moodboard posts you've done! I finally watched all of Twin Peaks on Netflix and am absolutely obsessed. Like, ahh, I wish there were more episodes.

!ncreamnia said...

i loooooooooooooooove this post <3

------------------------------------------------
common don't hestite to exchange our link
i would love to join & follow your blog.

this is my blog
www.increamniabyrel.blogspot.com

that talked about fashion, crafting (diy thingy), photography, and editing.

Common :D

xoxo

Olivia said...

That twin peaks poster is so good *setting as desktop background now*! Her zine sounds cool, I want to see it! I just created a zine too actually, so satisfying!