14.11.12

Wanderlust: The Never Ending Story


 really into Of Montreal ~kewl teen life~ y'all
I've never really talked too much about my obsession with fantasy/ science fiction novels. Ever since I was about 4 years old I've kind of been obsessed with the idea of fantasy. When I was little I was a really odd kid and although I was superduper hyper I had a lot of trouble relating to people my own age so I started to extensively explore the multiverse. I like looking at things in parallels. Multiple interpretations are groovy and so are accidental plot holes that let you "choose your own adventure." My obsession with fantasy and science fiction has influenced the way I dress. I like creating outfits that are almost allegorical. I'll wear something that, if you look into it, has a different meaning than on the surface. I'm kind of a huge literature nerd but I have always thought it was too pretentious or irrelevant to talk about on this blog until I realized that my outfits were completely influenced by the type of books I read.
One of my earliest first loves was "The Never ending story" at first glance this movie is hilarious, tacky, and cliched. Looking at it again, that is what make it so freaking awesome. The scenery makes you feel like your "on drugs" (not saying I do drugs for the record I just can't think of anything better to say DURPDURPDURP) in an epic greek myth. The kingdom this story takes place in, although horrific, is gorgeous. It is literally wanderlust.

-ROMA

7 comments:

Eva said...

OMG. I saw this movie back in 8th grade during advisory! It's so weird yet amazing! I feel like it's kind of like a kid version of The Princess Bride. Idk why really!

ROMA YOU ARE THE BEST!

xx eva
stylewandering.blogspot.com

Flow Disruption said...

Totally not pretentious! I loved this post. ;)

gwen said...

I love this movie!! I saw it a bunch of times when I was little so it's one of those things that's permanently imprinted in my brain, although I don't remember the specifics very well...

I always seem to associate it with labyrinth. I guess they're both just weird movies with fantastical puppets? lol

love,
gwen
http://under-a-bridge.blogspot.com/

Roma said...

@Gwen omg i love the labyrinth. The sleepaway camp I used to go to had a tradition of showing the labyrinth once during the session so it will ALWAYZZ have a special place in my heart

brie said...

aw this was my childhood film! i can vaguely remember there being a cartoon tv series of it that i used to watch sometimes (obviously nothing compared to the film though)!! anyway love this post~ very nostalgic!

Claire said...

Eeeehh! I love this mood board. I was obsessed with Fantasy and sci-fi when I was a kid too. Still am in fact. But these images feel so nostalgic, in a way that is completely not self-pitying at all. I just love them. They're perfect.

Melissa said...

Love these pictures - so inspiring. They take me away.

<3 Melissa
wildflwrchild.blogspot.com