28.10.12

Internet Witch Queen



Shirt: Vintage. Jacket: Vintage. Skirt: Thrifted from the Buffalo Exchange in Williamsburg (it's h&m but WATEVER) Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell *cringes*. Headband: Also from Buffalo Exchange. Pins: Sit on It- Buffalo Exchange (the one in Sommerville) Free Pussy Riot- Search and Destroy in the East Village. Bingo and Jesus- Flea Market. Additional Photos are here  on bb gril Eva's blog and here

            
Two weeks ago I went to ~Williamsburg~ to visit Bryce, who is the coolest Skate Witch around. It was super awesome. I managed to score sum ~kewl pieces~ at Beacon's and Buffalo Exchange. Beacon's Closet is really overwhelming and I almost turned into a potato for like the 80th time in my life (most potato experiences revolve around me talking to guys. I am realllyyy unsuccessful in the hawt boyz department, LET ME TELL YA).
Anyways, I got this skirt and immediately I was in some sort of iridescence induced trance. To bring tumblr into this, I would like to point out that is is very "Seapunk Business Casual."
FOLLOW 4 PASTEL GRUNGE.
I also am realizing that I can't even talk to the Internet anymore without making a huge fool of myself. oops.
This outfit was kind of created to pay homage to tumblr. I have almost no social life so lately I have resulted to spending large amounts of time being an Internet troll. I also kind of wanted to tie in the ideas of getting dress as a social construct. I know I have said this dozens of times but sometimes it is genuinely difficult to get dressed.
This past week I was really worried about being "pretty" What does "pretty" even mean? We dress to impress certain groups of people, we put on masks. I wanted to look pretty because I was uncomfortable with myself. I'm getting a little tired of people lecturing me on how to dress. Honestly, I don't really like how "getting a date to prom" will be easier if I just start dressing conventionally pretty. I'm just a sarcastic whippersnapper. NO 1 UNDERSTANDS WUT ITZ LIKE 2 B ME. I tried that all of this week and it made me feel uncomfortable. I felt self conscious.
High School does things to ya I guess.
Hopefully I can "Live Through This".

12 comments:

☆☾☆☾☆☾☆☾☆☾ said...

loves it

Claire said...

Well it's working, whatever the official name is. A Good Outfit.

Nice standing area, too.

It's never really worth making yourself self conscious unless you can recognise that a definite level-up is on the other side of it.

Isabel said...

Seapunk business casual? I think I was you in a past life.

☯ZERO STYLE☯ said...

omg that fonzie pin! dying.

Flower said...

how do you even manage to cram this much awesome into one outfit, i started writing basically an essay but sounds creepy and weird so basically you are amazing

melina bee said...

did you know that serious studies have proven the more intelligent you are, the less likely you are to date anyone in your teen years?
If that works in reverse, given my "popularity" with guys in high school, I must have been a genius of Dante-esque proportions. Trust me when I tell you, once you're in your 20s (and the guys you date are, too) things are way more chill. Not saying every man you meet is gonna be your perfect new boyfriend, but it gets much easier to get dates as a weirdo once you're out of such an oppressive atmosphere. if you can't tell, I hated high school and no amount of money could ever make me live through it again. but my life since? has been awesome b/c I call the shots, hang out with the people I want, impress people with my smarts/work abilities so it doesn't matter if I'm odd, still get dates ; )

Paolina of Calur Villade said...

this outfit reaks of uber coolness. you blended all the best things in life together: denim, sparkles, spikes and Jeffrey campbell. What schools are you thinking of applying to? I really want to go abroad

calurvillade.blogspot.com
Paolina

Jonas Van der Haegen said...

YOUR BLOG IS AMAZING.

Eryn said...

I love this outfit, and I relate to what you said.

Eva said...

you are so stylin!! i love that skirt!

Jackie -Style -Drum said...

You look so fantastic.

style-drum.blogspot.com

Claire said...

Your skirt is a mermaid.

I get what you mean about being conventionally pretty. But let me tell ya. I tried it once. Totally not worth it. Life will not get magically better. In fact it makes it insanely worse. So just be who you want to be? I guess? I think you already know that anyways.