9.9.12

Piss 4 Brainz


STARE INTO MY EYES SO I CAN KILL YOU

Dress: Vintage (Garment District) Shoes: Thrifted (Buffalo Exchange) Tights: Target Sunglasses: Buffalo Exchange. Coin Purse:Gift. Crown: DIY



sum angsty psych pop just 4 u, internet
This was essentially what I wore on one of the ~first days~ of school. Now I'm an upperclassman, so in a "Dazed and Confused" fashion I proceeded to haze a bunch of freshman by dressing them up as babies and putting them in the back of my pick-up truck that I apparently own now. In reality I set up an Alt Squad booth and crushed the dreams of many an angsty 14 year-old because I AM A COLD HEARTLESS BITCH. Also kidding.
Basically, I went to school and it was pretty boring because now I'm incredibly wise and therefore jaded by back to school hype. I decided to wear this dress for a couple of reasons. Mainly to sort of make fun of how fetishized teenagers are.It's like the media constantly tries to create this idea that High School is supposed to be the best years of our lives. I can't help but think this is total meshuggah. Not to sound angsty but I can't really relate to this interpretation. I'm overally realistic about a lot of things. I am fully aware that if I peak before my 20's there is something seriously wrong with me. To quote John Greene: I'm still searching for the "Great Perhaps" so for the time being I need to suck it up and go on with my MOODY AND ANGSTY LIFE.
Anyways, I picked this dress because it reminded me a lot of Velma from Scooby Doo and also because on the sides are incredibly revealing slits. This dress pretty much combines youth (the prints and the overall color scheme) and a more risky  cut (very defined slits and the figure it creates). To add to it I added my "classy loafers" because they're classy and remind me of school girls (adding to the youth vibe).
High School is really a funny little beast. I can't really say "this is going to be my year" because it really isn't. I can say however, I don't think it will be bad at all

-Roma

12 comments:

alix said...

this outfit is the best! its feels so 60s to me especially with your incredibly cute haircut! I love the autumnal colours.

Ibe said...

The shoes are so neat! Actualy the whole outfit.

- Ibe
maddemoisellerossele.blogspot.com

☆☾☆☾☆☾☆☾☆☾ said...

pearfect

Maren said...

Love the outfit, Roma! Such a cute dress! I like the new header too!
~maren~

flowyshirtsminiskirts.blogspot.ca

☯ZERO STYLE☯ said...

luvvvv everything about this.

Maxens M. Finch said...

I agree with you. I find it really interesting that it is the story behind your outfit. Often, people dress basing themselves one personal stories, answers to culture or a mix of the two, and it is somehow lost on others' eyes. Also, adorable purse.

melina bee said...

dude, if I lived near you, I might not be able to control my compulsion to break into your house and steal this dress!!! I love it.

Dude, I agree about the fetishization of teenagers. For some people, these really will be the best years. Those people are rarely concerned with personal growth.Some of us are more like a fine wine...

Hvit said...

You speak so wisely. John Green and you are right. School can super suck and if they are the best years of our lives then I can actually go jump off that motorway bridge. I think it has something to do with idolising the past.

And most adults don't remember the feeling of being a child, or a teenager. They remember seeing children playing or some such other 'joyous life affirming scene' which makes then think it was a constant and rosy bubble of time. But it wasn't. Kids/teenagers have worries too, and rubbish to deal with. Especially teenagers. And heck, we don't even look that happy, so why are they so deluded?

Pah, rant.

OUTFIT ROCKS. But you put it together so how could it not?

:)

Claire said...

YES. Perfect post. I definitely agree with you about youth and high school. No way are these the best years of my life. Over the summer I really almost started to believe that I missed school and was terrified about it being my last year. However, now I'm back... I can't wait to get out and move on. I'll never understand media that makes high school seem this way, I kind of think their just trying to trick us all in some grand conspiracy. (But then again shows like Buffy have restored my faith in all that is good).
Oh and your dress is brilliant and you shoes are fantastic. And paired together they are so incredibly perfect that they are making my head explode.

Cess said...

Wait... The garment district?! DO YOU LIVE NEAR BOSTON?!?!? If so we neeeeeedddd to hang out dude!!!' if not, this was awkward :p anyways... You look frigging amazing as always!!!
Xoxo
Charlotte

Roma said...

@Cess- I live in new york but one of my best friends/some of my relatives live in greater boston so I'm there pretty frequently!Shoot me an email~

Izumihiiiflower said...

great!!