28.6.12

Sartorial Tampon Queen



Top: H&M. Skirt: Vintage. Pin: Vintage. Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell

As you can see, I have recently changed the name of this blog to "Sartorial Tampon Queen". The real reason for this is simply that my tastes have changed. No longer am I an asshole 14 year old girl who's favorite activities included "Being Angsty and watching iCarly". Now I am an incredibly mature 16 year old who is a little less of an asshole and enjoys "Throwing Tampons at people and writing the occasional zine". I am a changed woman (I would like to point out that I use the word woman quite lightly because in reality I'm a bit of a lady girl. I enjoy talking about poop way to much to be considered a full on woman.) I feel that being a "Sartorial Tampon Queen" gives me more liberty to express myself than embodying the "Disheveled Trend" lifestyle. Whatever that even means.

Anywho, on to my outfit.
I wore this to a party on Sunday. I was sort of going for that whole femme fatale meets Marc Jacobs resort vibez. It's pretty easy to say Marc was the best resort wise. I mean, on a personal level, anyone who cites Cindy Sherman as their inspiration is definitely someone who is going to be on my aesthetic radar.

This outfit was also centered around this skirt, which in my opinion was one hell of a vintage find. I found it in the very back of this weird kitschy interest store which I stumbled upon while walking around in my town's half-assed art district. I had never even bothered venturing into the store before but upon walking into it, I knew I was naive to think otherwise. The backroom was full of dainty 1960's-1970's era sheer night gowns that one could easily wear to prom and of course this skirt. I had feelings for this skirt the second I saw it. It *spoke 2 me* in a way that very few articles of clothing have done (Notabley: my Rachel Antonoff's, Bernie Dexter dress, and my massive crinoline I found at Family Jewels in Chelsea.)

The moral of this story is 3 is the magic number and always check the back room of Kitsch interest shops.

With all of that being said I bid you adieu sweet internet. Until next time that is.

May the force be with you,

-Roma


15 comments:

Claire said...

I think your new name is the best! Possibly my favorite name of any blog. Ever.
OOOhhhh. That skirt just screams MJ resort! Ugh, wasn't it perfect? I think your skirt is an honorary member of MJ resort '13. At least it should be.

Goo Girls said...

When I was 16, I was somewhat of a tampon queen myself. I was known to dip them in my water bottle and throw them maturely at the back of this duschy guy's head. He deserved it tho.

Family Jewels is bombastic. I fucking love that place & could spend hours fartin round in there.

-Mattil

Maren said...

Yes! I love this name! VERY creative and very erm, Roma-ish! Love the outfit, and I love Marc Jacobs too! I have a whole wall dedicated to his fashions!
~maren~

flowyshirtsminiskirts.blogspot.ca

Alessia said...

totally brilliant! xxx

Larissa Blintz said...

Fuck yeah your skirt! And I'm digging the new title. I too remember my iCarly days, my friend.

Krystel said...

Dear sweet goddess, your name! When I was younger, I used to think Tampon was such a gross/scary word, but, somehow, "Tampon Queen" seems like the most glamorous and empowering thing to be.

Rhiannon said...

I think being a tampon queen is one of the best type of queens to be. Also that skirt is GLORIOUS, I love the colours :)

Eva said...

omggggg i loooooooooveeee youuuurrr skiiirt. It's just so happy and pretty and delicious to the eye of life! I really like your new name of Sartorial Tampon Queen! It's very awesome and feminine yet bad ass and feminist vibe-y! Which is very perfect.

Roma forever!!

xx Eva
stylewandering.blogspot.com

Maggie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maggie said...

I adore the skirt! I am Maggie and I am 12 years old. I love your blog and I hope that you will follow and check out mine!
-Maggie
walruswonderland.blogspot.com

Maggie said...

I adore the skirt! I am Maggie and I am 12 years old. I love your blog and I hope that you will follow and check out mine!
-Maggie
walruswonderland.blogspot.com

Caroline Ergy Erg said...

That skirt is really cool, THE COLOURS WOAH!
xxx

gwen said...

LOVE IT. It's very... I don't know... cynical or something? I don't know why it strikes me like that but it DOES. :) Love the skirt too.

Love,
Gwen

Allison said...

I think our brains must be on the same wavelength because I just bought a pair of heart-shaped sunglasses myself, and I'm totally feeling the tampon vibes!

On another, slightly embarrassing note, I'm trying to follow your blog but can't figure out what buttons to click. Help a sister out?

Hvit said...

How did I miss a post? I'm being a bad blogger and not checking my feed often enough. ;)

I love the new name. I loved dishevelled trend too, but, AH it's all awesome.

SKIRT. Love love love.

I found this 60s dress that spoke to me in a weird kitschy vintage store a few weeks ago, but my body spoke back and what it said was, "YOU WILL NEVER FIT IN THIS DRESS HA." Yeah. Sad. :(