16.6.12

LETZ MAKE SANDWICHEZ (resort pt 1)

Hey y'all.
So if you haven't been living under a fashion rock for the past week you've probably realized that its that time of the month again (cuz letz be ril guise designers put out some random collection every month.) IT'S RESORT 2013 BABE. However, unlike other seasons, I almost ALWAYS love resort, for several reasons:
a. Desingers are less afraid to be dipshits
b. Its better
c. See "a"

Anywho! To kick off my resort coverage I thought it would be somewhat "relavent" to connect Stella McCartney's collection to Arrested Development cuz itz not lk Arrested Development haz b33n off air 4 5 yrs or anythong.


On a personal level I actually really like good ol' Stella. I remember a couple months ago when the NYT magazine interviewed her. It was that issue that I really felt like I could appreciate what she does. Like everyone else I was incredibly skeptical, sure she was talented but 4 RILLZ. She had $$$ so if she failed it was like nbd.
In other words I was having a big fucking Lucile moment. But not too much of a Lucile moment because I don't drink vodka because I'm bored and complain all of the time. I say this because I complain most of the time.
Sample conversation with my parents:
Parents: "Get up"
Me: OMG I H8 MY LIFE IM SO MOODY ND IM PMS-ING LIKE CRAY CRAY CLAM CHOWDER.
Stella McCartneyxSea Punk. Stella bb I am feeling sum seapunk vibez with ur super kewl handbaggie. Basically this look *speakz 2 me* itz very 1990's raver girl meets something my grandmother might wear to play bridge. Th3 onlee r3ason i g0t a gd grad3 0n my 3ngl1sh f1nal wuz that 1 wr0t3 it n l33t sp3ak.
Itz true. JUST LOOK AT LINDSEY'S SHIRT.
Can we plzz talk about how fuckin awesome this look is. I mean look at those pants.
LOOK AT THOSE SHOEZ N TOP N OMG. Stella is FEISTY n ready to rock! Wut is going on rt now i hate this computer . FUQ U GOOGLE CHROME
All in all, if Steve Holt saw this look he'd be all "STEVE HOLT" and then try to pet the suit because he thought the

leopard print was made out of rl leopards. Oh Steve ur so wise bb


The main problem I had with this collection was the dresses. i actually really disliked the majority

and looks like a bad Jil Sander ripoff. SMH

of the dresses she made. They really don't do anything for me to be 4 rills. LK I WUD

NOT WEAR THAT 2 FASHUN WEEK CUZ ITZ NOT GUCCI ENUF.

Seriously thought, minus 10 points for Stella right now. The cut of this dress is incredibly awkward
Yikes
Well that's all 4 now! Tune in next week because I'm giving away free tampons and false hope
Love,
Roma
*All lookbook photos are from Vogue. Arrested Development photos are all from tumblr



8 comments:

Claire said...

Comparing Stella to Arrested Development may have been the most genius thing I've read on the Nernst lately.
And how exactly does one learn to type so eloquently using numbers instead of letters?

gwen said...

I loved the AD gifs! haha totally have had Lucille moments in my time. Sometimes when someone is being a WIMP 4 RELZ I totally do a chicken dance on them. Like ALL of the varieties...

My fav is George's: a cuk a CHA! a cuk a CHA! lol fun timez

Flow Disruption said...

Just when you couldn't get any cooler, you made this post.

Eva said...

Ew, that last dress was fucking awful. The color was pretty, but wow. It was seriously the most boring piece of crap EVER. Like, I've seen that dress a million times at Forever 21! Jesus. I don't really follow Stella, which is sad to say, but I don't know. I like her clothes, but they don't like, AMAZE me or get me excited. They're just so, like... normal. Like, they aren't really artsy or anything. I just get kind of bored after a while looking at her stuff, because I've just kind of seen it all before. Like, that suit was awesome, but I've seen other suits like that, with all leopard and stuff. I dunno. I'd just much rather look at Miu Miu/Rodarte/Proenza Schouler/Comme des Garcons/Meadham and Kirchhoff/Nina Ricci and sterf I guess.

Best blog ever! Roma you rock!

xx Eva
stylewandering.blogspot.com

Audrey (hkittygirl) said...

Stella McCartney either creates amazing clothing or really boring clothing. She kind of changes for me.

Goo Girls said...

Genius! You are replacing style.com now. I think I shall come to this blog to know about new collections for the hard fashion reporting because this format is WERQing for me. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fashion babel said...

Love that blazer in the first photo!
Nice blog!

http://fashion-babel.blogspot.com

Selena said...

Waaaaa! arrested development is the shiz. loving your style!