18.5.12

Welcome to Conandale


Top: Milau. Jacket: Vintage Levi's. Skirt: Vintage. Shoes: Thrifted. Bunny Necklace: Gift. Pearls: Gift. Weird Pin: Gift. Crown: DYI. Patch: GURL SCOUTS FTW!

Oh lord, It appears that I have disappeared yet again! However, I will denounce any one who believes I have been out partying for the past two or so weeks!

Fortunately, I've brought many a good story from my unplanned hiatus.

One such a story would be that I turned 16 this past week. Being 16 is one of the weirdest things ever, throughout my actual birthday my friends made all of the 16 candles references and I studied for my permit test. I'm not really sure what it is about age that is so defining of a person. Am I any different then I was when I was 15? I don't feel any different. Sure, when I turned 15 I was about a foot shorter (yay hitting puberty late) and possibly a bit more naive. Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is.

Also over my haitus I got really angry at this blog. I began to grow tired of how petty blogging was and more importantly, how annoyed I was by the blogging community in general. I guess there will always be pettiness though when it comes to blogging. Or in the real world I suppose. The only thing I can do is avoid it.

Easier said than done.

Now onto my outfit (queen of transitions right HERE!)

I tried to incorporate all of my current obsessions into one super outfit. I'd like to think the results weren't too dismal. My friend Eva got me this great skirt which upon seeing it I was like "BAM! Frida Khalo!" and then whilst putting this outfit together I was like "BAM! Grimes" and "BAM! Prada Spring Vibes!"I guess this outfit also kind of expresses my mood to some extent: Frazzled, Smelly, and Bitchy. As you can tell ma moodz always influence my clothezes. Then again I'm pretty sure that goes the same for everyone.

Poo.

In other news, Butch has been sent out to all that want it! If you don't get it by late next week please shoot me an email.

May the force be with you,

-Roma

16 comments:

Maren said...

Love the outfit! Your skirt is really cute, and I love the badges! I wishI had a jacket like that, I've been trolling the thrift stores for one!

flowyshirtsminiskirts.blogspot.ca

Maxens M. Finch (ex: Pashupati) said...

The sheer blouse with lace we see in the background seems great too! (NEED TO ZOOM IN!)
Also, happy birthday? And your room is cool.

Mana said...

How come you're not as famous as tavi gevinson?

Daniel said...

awesome !! Happy 16!!

alix said...

being 16 is weird. On my sixteenth birthday I sat in my room and played my old play station 2, which I thought was kinda sad, but whatever GTA is fun.
I love your awkward length skirt.

Larissa Blintz said...

Haha.. Being 16 is.... Umm, weird. I don't like it. I'm turning 17 in a few months, so i'm definitely not excited. 15 4ever. 4real tho, I will always be 15 inside.

"Frazzled, Smelly, and Bitchy" LOVE IT, so describes me too. I seriously dig this outfit.

Hvit said...

Well, firstly your outfit is very cool. As per always.

Also, I got a bit fed up with pettiness and blogging just over the last week. Coincidence. I was all fed up with myself, and other people's blogs, and stuff, but I made myself come back on here and flick through my fav blogs and I felt a little better. Blogging is best if you don't take it too seriously and look at it like a big mood-board of inspirational stuff, I think.

Yeah. Anyway. ^^

Hvit said...

OH WOOPS

HAPPY 16th!

Flow Disruption said...

Happy birthday!! 16 can be overrated, but hey, you'll be driving! And hopefully, you'll freakin' love it. 'Cause honestly, some people don't, but it's my favourite thing in the world. Ahh, I could write a whole post about driving. But forget me. YOU look awesome! That first photo looks straight out of a magazine. :)

Zoƫ Kate said...

Oh man, I am so glad I discovered your blog! You are awesome. I wish I was as cool as you at 16! (Happy bday by the way) This outfit is actually perfect. I love everything about it!!!

xo
ZK
www.nine-of-cups.blogspot.com

rouli said...

amazin look!

Ellinor Forje said...

I like the print on the skirt. Your outfit is neo-grunge. Thanks for posting the photos and feel free to drop by me too.

vintage process said...

Great pictures! I love it!!!!

Claire said...

Coolest outfit.
Ahhh! I just checked my email and found butch there! I'd basically forgotten about email altogether until this reminded me! But it's sooooooo (excuse the extra necessary O's) AWESOME!.

Katia Pellicciotta said...

frida kahlo/grimes/prada spring vibes whatever it's all awesome (that's my weird way of saying you look really cool). also i love your flower crown. also your bedroom is awesome. also i really like your hair (i want to cut mine short but am waaaay toooo scared to).

www.katiapellicciotta.blogspot.com

Hvit said...

Zine submissions are still open. ;) I'll shoot you an email- sounds cool!