28.4.12

Chamber of Secrets (Part 1)



I feel like blogging is one of the most narcissist sports one can take part in other than that of maybe pagents or the all fearosome record store owning. Let's be honest, have you ever been to a record store that isn't owned buy some 25 year old UC Berkley dropout coveting a sonic youth tshirt and the stench of cheap pot? I thought not.
Anyway, I thought that there could be no other thing that could tribute blogging narcissim than posting pictures of where I sleep and have panic attacks: My room (I know you all were probably thinking the bathroom because, obviously, everyone knows that fashion blogggers live in bathrooms)
Although originally I was super hesitant to take a bunch of pictures of the chairs which my ass sits on and my compulsive hoard of creepy stuffed animals, I finally came to the realization that my room is just another glance into my style. My room, like in the beach boys song, is "Where I go and tell my secrets to." It's chaoticness and smelliness reflects my personal style pretty well.

This is my vibe wall. It used to be covered in posters from plays that I was in back when I used to get parts in shows. Now those posters are in my closet. I suppose there should be a more metaphorical explanation as to why I did that. However the real reason is that I got bored of them and though this display was "pretty"
I feel like I should make a note about my wallpaper. It's pretty significant in the grand scheme of things. It came with the house when my family bought it years back. I remember being mortified by it. Now, years later, I've finally appriciated it. Mainly because it looks like something from a psychiatric ward or prehaps a 1970's movie.
 
part of the display on my dresser. I'd like to point out that those tubes of glitter are actually full of blood from the last unicorns.

This sampler is kind of my mantra. Whenever I write papers I think about what the sampler says because it makes me feel better when I screw up.  My grandparents used to be in the antique industry so we have, to put it in the words of a kid my age "a bunch of old shit that smells funny"

My image wall. I've been curating it since I was in about 7th grade, when I started it it was primarily composed of seventeen magazine "editorials"

This is probably the coolest thing I own. I don't feel worthy of it though so I rarely wear it.
 
 
This is my archive of fashion related books. I understand how pathetically small it is. 

 
Organization at it's finest. 

 
Part of my shoe collection. 


  
My closet door. Recognize some of the art on it? It's from Butch. 

 
 
Yeah I really epitomize a 1960's sci-fi writer with my lack of organization and overall nut-job way of life.  
 
 
Dis is my angel. I rescued her from the attic. Fun fact, I can actually play guitar pretty well (not to toot my own horn but hey that's what I'm hear fer) 
 
This is where I actually live. The rest of the images are fake. 
Well, That's all I have for ya today. Sometime next month I'll do a part 2 post of my room because this is only half of it. You haven't even seen my hoard of shit yet. 
THANKS MTV CRIBS!
-Roma

6 comments:

Eva said...

Oh my god your room is amazing I love it so much. It's like the epitome of all teenage bedrooms. I like your wallpaper by the way!

xx Eva
stylewandering.blogspot.com

Flow Disruption said...

Ahh, this is an awesome post! I wouldn't feel bad about blogging bein' narcissistic, though. It's not so much "Hey, I'm fuckin' awesome!" as it is "Hey, this is my perspective - take it or leave it".

You have an awesome shoe collection, btw. ;)

Izumihiiiflower said...

ahah the toilet remoind me one of my drawings!!!
http://marie-anneg.blogspot.fr/2010/02/water-closet-langus.html

thank you so much!

Sarah said...

I thought that toilet was real and I was gonna have to marry you for having the coolest bathroom ever. But I think I still will because your room is also pretty fantastic.

China Lily

Maren said...

Your room is so cool! I love how there are little treasures all over! My parents say my room looks junky, but I like it that way. It looks lived in and it feels like home. If I take stuff off my walls, then I feel weird and just put them back because it looks too bare and plain. I refuse to be boring!

MAREN

Check me out at flowyshirts.blogspot.ca!

Claire said...

Essentially you are and always will be the queen of cool. I've said it before but icannot stress this point enough!
Also I really get what you mean about not wearing things much because you don't feel worthy of them. I really tend to keep my treasures hidden in my closet of on my walls. Mostly because I'm afraid of damaging them.
And don't be ashamed of your small pile of fashion related books! I own absolutely zero!