9.3.12

Take me on the Ferris Wheel





Headscarf thang: Vintage. Top: Milau. Skirt, Sunglasses and Cardigan: H&M. Socks: Target. Shoes: Rachel Antonoff

Hello kind folks!

This was my outfit, ironically on women's day (go estrogen!) I have ovaries of steal so I'm allowed to dress as feminine as I want. Even if the holiday essentially raises dearness for stereotypical gender roles in society (well at least that's what tumblr made it seem like) Who am I to say? I'm 15 so obviously I'm not a woman! I'm a girl person or a she child. I have no idea where I'm going with this to be perfectly honest.
Moving on!
I got the idea for this outfit from like 10 different things. Mainly the shoes. Which I was overwhelmingly excited to add to my shoe collection.
I was reading the times style supplement when I came across an editorial that was based around acid pastel colored hair turned super feminine. Also this video (god I love cults and i love this video.) On top of that I'm reading Lolita so I've obviously had the whole nymphet thing on my mind. Oh and duh, the movie The Atomic Cafe (duck and cover!)
Basically, this was one of the first outfits in a while I genuinely had inspiration behind. I wish I was near a scanner because I had the grooviest journal entry about this outfit.
I think next post I'll do the moodboard I used for this outfit.

-Romamama

17 comments:

Sarah Deetz said...

I love ya, you would be so cute in a Rookie Mag photoshoot. xo

Larissa Blintz said...

I agree with the above comment by Ms. Deetz! I can totally picture you in a Rookie Mag shoot! You would fit perfectly. Love love the shoes and your room :}

Izumihiiiflower said...

I love your shoes so much!!!

Celia Bow said...

Your outfit is so cute and inspiring and those shoes are so cool. I love Rachel Antonoff her clothes are to die for!

alix said...

Oh my god. You have a pair of Rachel Antonoff shoes! They are the greatest things ever. And, ironically feminine, I love that.

Hvit said...

CAN I JUST YELL AT YOU FOR A BIT?

You have Rachel Antonhoff shoes.

You now should know that I am going to cyber stalk you* then come to your house and steal them, right? asdhaksjdhaksjdh And then you go and top itoff by wearing them perfectly with an awesome outfit and grrrrrrrr.

*I'm actually not, promise.

Magnet said...

I've seen those shoes on a few blogs now, they're very cute. They remind me of the shoes one wears when they go bowling, except.. a little nicer. Your room looks awesome.

The Awkward Indie Girl said...

ooh ooh those shoes! Your headscarf is also super duper cute!

Burn That Dress said...

Wonderful, wonderful!

Claire said...

Those shoes are made for you! And your room is absolutely the most perfect teenage bedroom ever. Ugh, as always everything about this is perfect.

Kailey said...

omg s t o p being so fabulous Roma! This outfit is absolutely flawless *_*

Heather Jean said...

I LOVE THESE PHOTOS! yep :)

Miss Iffa said...

I recently stumbled across your blog and I LOVE it! I love the layout to the content and everything in between! I am your newest, most avid follower. Your style is impeccable and your blog is just simply the epitome of perfection!

Love from, THE EASTERN PEARL

Bella said...

Those saddleshoes are fabulous. In fact...THIS WHOLE OUTFIT IS FABULOUS. ROMA FOR ALL THE AWARDS! ALL THE AWARDS! Radness.

-Bella

Sweet Indigo Road said...

this is an adorable outfit! i really love the shoes :)

http://www.sweetindigoroad.blogspot.com/

Keit said...

So cute !!! Want those shoes O.O

purplebabaushka said...

LOVE the shoes <3

http://purplebabaushka.wordpress.com/