20.1.12

What Are You Talking About this is not a Music Post








1. Lady Day Dream- Twin Sister. 2.Is this Love?- Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. 3.Lose it- Austra
4. Summas Bliss- WU LYF. 5.My Country- Tune-Yards. 6. Shelter From The Storm- Bob Dylan
7. Walkabout (Feat Noah Lennox)- Atlas Sound. 8. Claudia Lewis- M83. 9. Last Night At The Jetty- Panda Bear.
10. Brother Sport- Animal Collective. 11. I Want You- Summer Camp. 12. Tongue Tied- Grouplove



This Mix was sort of a musical interpertation of losing our innocence. I guess what Stacy lost is open for thoughts. Really I was just trying to convey more or less what my brain has been like the last 2 or so years. I'm not saying I've been through some traumatic event. I'm also not at all saying that this is some bogus teen angst playlist. Teen Angst gets too much light shined on it. If your a teenager you probably areangsty and if your not your probably like those kids in the beginning of Mean Girls who say stuff like: "And on the third day, God created the Remington bolt-action rifle, so that Man could fight the dinosaurs. And the homosexuals." Even then you probably have had your fits with teen angst. Just saying


Anyway. I've compiled some of the songs that have kept me thinking lately.



WU LYF - We Bros from Sam Pilling on Vimeo.

Neutral Milk Hotel's "Naomi" from Naomi Yang on Vimeo

 . 



7 comments:

Flow Disruption said...

I'm on the same wavelength, Roma! I have a post in the works about nastolgia and what it means to wake up and realize that all your naivete is gone.

And ... I just posted a playlist. ;) One of those awesome, "I don't have an outfit to show you, so here's a playlist!" posts. ;)

I'm gonna listen to your mix after I finish my essay tonight. :)

The Awkward Indie Girl said...

Can't wait to listen to this mix. I love the theme of this post.

Emma said...

Hey Roma! i'm so happy you want to buy a t-shirt! you can purchase one at theemmaedition.bigcartel.com

Reading Glasses said...

The prescription glasses have become more than vision requirements, and are now used to flaunt a high fashion sense, it is easy to forget that they can offer invaluable safety to your vision as well.http://glassesmakers.com/

Caroline Ergy Erg said...

Am loving the first song :D going to make sure i listen to the rest of your playlist!!
xxx

Allison said...

Thanks, I needed a good playlist! That braid photo is bloooowing my mind!

Larissa Blintz said...

This has to be the most perfect post I have ever read/listened to in my life.