2.1.12

Don't leave me at the homecoming game standing in the rain









Top: H&M dress worn as a blouse. Skirt: Vintage. Vest: DIY with my varsity patch. Knee Highs: Missioni for Target. Ribbon: Dollar Store.

Basically I was trying to go for that snobby football player's girlfriend look. I got this patch from my highschool because I managed to survive a year on my no cuts varsity ski team. Obviously I was terrible because I have the coordination and speed of a buzzed goose on roller skates. Nuf said.
So because I had this patch, just watched heathers, and have kind of had this major obsession with dressing like a bitchy school girl...this outfit ensued.
I hope all of you had a happy New Year/Christmas/Hanukkah/Whatever other holidays you celebrate
-Roma

p.s thanks for all the wonderful submissions to issue 2. If you want to contribute please email me your piece (this can be anything as long as it has something to do with this issues theme: abstract) at: romabkins@gmail.com by this Sunday. If you need an extension email me!

16 comments:

Daniel said...

"Bitchy school girl." hell yeah!
I might be sending some artwork to the e-mail! HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Hazel said...

I'm pretty sure that this is my favorite oufit- ugh I'm really in love with denim this year for some reason. I'll try to get a submission in- abstract sounds pretty fun.

x
Hazel

Claire said...

Roma!! This outfit is amazing! The bitchy school girl look is totally awesome.

Bella said...

You're probably going to hate me for this but you look SO PRETTY here. But not the same pretty. Like...a more demented/generic/ironic pretty. Red lipstick looks really good on you.

I LOVE THIS OUTFIT.

Ria said...

Love the vest, love that you actually earned your patch haha. I want a varsity thing but I've never played a sport in my life. Great skirt as well.

melina bee said...

what a cute look for you, kinda unexpected, too. don't think I'd seen you in lipstick before.
I used to love the movie heathers when I was about 13

Flow Disruption said...

Gorgeous look/photos! I'm seriously in love with that Noah's Ark hanging behind you! I just saw that the Butch due date was the 23'rd. Are you still accepting submissions? I could hopefully get something to you by tomorrow night. :)

Caroline Ergy Erg said...

Cool outfit :D i love the red bow and lipstick!
xxx

the fashion turd said...

happy new yeaaar from The Fashion Turd...may it be colourful and camp! x x x

www.thefashionturd.com

owlinalarkworld said...

Tis so high schooly. What does the 'N' stand for? Neato? Noteworthy? Nincompoop?

Hvit said...

Very American high-school. :D The patch is awesome, and so is the skirt.
I love that creepy school reference thing that's been floating around. I wonder why it's so awesome, maybe we're just sad our own schooling is too dull and not tacky like it was back in the day. Anyway. Awesome.

Roma said...

@owlinalarkworld, it's the initial of my highschool. I do wish it meant noteworthy instead of what it actually is
@hvit, shanks babe! it's funny because i got the patch at my american highschool.
@everyone else, thanks for the kind wordss!

Snuggle Puff said...

Woah you have awesome style. I'm happy I found your blog. it's refreshing to see people who take risks and don't wear the same old things. Very rad looks.

meagan said...

YESSSS A+

allie said...

love this outfit! you look so cute =)

http://tramplingicecream.blogspot.com/

Izumihiiiflower said...

perfect!!