8.11.11

Woodland Lady/ Contest!







Crown: DIY. Dress: made by bryce

I am so tired otherwise I would write a suggestive limerick about teen girls in the woods and art projects. Basically a girl from school asked me to model this sick dress she made (insert paragraph contrasting the dress to Mary Katrantzou's aw 11 collection) She took the pictures on this woodsy area off a nearby development (insert super meaningful and nostalgic recollections about the suburbs and arcade fire's Sprawl II) I figured it would be interesting to do a post in this very rough sense because you know, life in general is kind of like that, open for interpretation, opened ended and never really finished until the fat lady sings. Yeah, interpret this however you want.
A few unrelated notes:
Unfortunately I am not going to have time to mail zines, I'm leaving for Canada on Thursday and have a ton of stuff to do prior to that.
Also, This months interviewee will be chosen via contest *hooray* leave a comment about what you would wear to a dinner with the following people: Princess Leia, ADR, Eleanor Roosevelt, Miuccia Prada, and the Proenza Boys. YAY! Winner will be announced the Tuesday before American Thanksgiving!

10 comments:

Laura said...

I love this dress! I have been wanting a dress made of leaves for so long! when i was a kid i made a skirt out of these sticky vine leaves i stuck to my clothes.

http://rosesandvellum.blogspot.com/

Flow Disruption said...

Holy shit, these photos are awesome! You could definitely be a model. I swear, I try and do the "intense look" and it just doesn't work. I don't know how you do it. Love the dress! She did a fantastic job. :)

rouli said...

<3

melina bee said...

are you canadian?
OMG, this looks amazing! You look like this could be your regular outfit/uniform, no wonder she asked you to model it. major talent! the headband is great, too. I'll bet there are all kinds of ways you could style this for daily wear

Roma said...

melina: no i am not canadian, i'm going to quebec on a school trip! thank you for the kind words!

Jenna said...

WHOA THAT DRESS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have fun in Canada!!
Hmm... I would wear... uh.... man that's a tough one. I want to be professional for Eleanor but I want to be cool and quirky for Proenza shcouler whatever the name is... Ok, a bunch of really crazy necklaces, with one preferably in the shape of a gold snake (it reminds me of harry potter, gotta stay true to my roots), a blue button down tucked into a black A line high-waisted skirt, with black tights with little flowers on them, and... I don't know about the shoes, I have no knowledge of shoes. and in this fantasy my hair is turquoise. and a bunch of cool crystal rings. Yeah. And can the skirt have pockets? I hate when things don't have pockets!! My school uniform doesn't have pockets and it's so terrible... Rambling! Sorry!

Taj said...

That dress is awesome!! and ur an AWESOME model!!! WERQ!!

and I would wear GIVENCHY SS12 green half sweater/proenza ss10 green acid button up/APC skinnies and Rick Owens High top trainers

fille de l'émeute said...

I would wear a sequin skirt, textured Rodarte tights (but in a pink princess color), chunky sparkly ABBA platforms, costume jewelry, a heather gray t-shirt with a quote from Clueless on it, and a ballet pink crown with little babydoll heads and Valley of the Dolls pills stuck to it.

Claire said...

This is SO SICK. You are this elf like creature straight out of lord of the rings or something! Whoever made that dress is BRILLIANT.

Daniel said...

awesome skirt