11.9.11

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?

God Apparently I haven't posted in 10 days, I apologize for that. Alas! I am back, unfortunately, at the last minute I couldn't go to nyfw but I am definitely going in February, that is out of the question.
Lately, I've literally been living on style.com. Fashion is a beautiful thing, I'd like to think of the fashion industry like the Addams Family, unbelievably cool, yet dysfunctional and occasionally corrupted by cliquishness, which makes it more of a hybrid with a high school girls bathroom. If you catch my drift.
With out further a do, I feel it is time to do some spring summer 2012 runway reviews.
ADAM
ADAM Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear ADAM Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear ADAM Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
ADAM Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear ADAM Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear ADAM Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

Okay, I was really confused by ADAM this season, I was watching the live stream. In the beginning of the show, the models looked like dancers, wearing silks that looked like they were from a thirties rendition of edward scissorhands. However, as the show progressed I saw a few more gorgeous flowy dresses but also some shapeless business suits. That was what I really couldn't stand. It didn't flow with the earlier vibe.
Grade A-

HELMUT LANG
Helmut Lang Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Helmut Lang Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Helmut Lang Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
Helmut Lang Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Helmut Lang Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Helmut Lang Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
For the most part Helmut Lang was that cool grungy girl with sass from the 90's. You'd imagine her in a punk band or spreading grrrl love. I liked the more refined looking pseudo 90's bras, they added shape to the traditional glamazon shakaria look. It also incorporated the idea of post modernism, which I thought was pretty cool. However, I thought the random color palette change (the yellow) was unnecessary but I still found it very sell able.
Grade: B+
-Roma







6 comments:

Flow Disruption said...

I love the Helmut Lang collection! This just means that when it's freakin' freezing in the middle of winter and everyone (myself included) is shivering, without anything to do, you'll get to escape to fashion week and have a blast. ;)

Jen said...

I love your comparison of fashion as the Addam's family!!!!! Thinking about it it's so true!!!
I love the Helmut Lang collection!!! My favorite is the third picture with the white skirt and the white tights and white shoes. It looks so ghostly!!

Caroline Ergy Erg said...

I love the Adam (never heard of them before!!) collection, especially the colours of the first few dresses!
xxxx

olivias-pizzaz said...

I like Adam a lot!!

chloƩ said...

wow Helmut Lang looks amazing, i like the messyness of the whole thing. its so daring and impressive. and your outfits keep amazing me Roma !!

xo
ChloƩ

The PvdH Journal said...

I like your honesty- it is refreshing.

I was kind of indifferent about ADAM, but actually really liked Helmut Lang (even though I would not wear most of the pieces). It was interesting and it seemed like a well put together collection.