21.9.11

A love Story for ss12

Well now we are in london! Well not me but fashion has moved to london. Oh god I make no sense do I?
Anyway. So here are a few reviews and season highlights so far. It's quite obvious what my highlights will be because my aesthetic consists of loud eccentric prints and clothing designed for four year old girls.

Sonic Youth
Roksanda Ilincic
Roksanda Ilincic Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Roksanda Ilincic Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Roksanda Ilincic Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear


Roksanda Ilincic Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Roksanda Ilincic Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Roksanda Ilincic Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
Roksanda was seriously cool.
This collection started out like the beginning of Edward Scissorhands. A pastel super suburban setting. Each pair of toothpaste colored pants and fluffy hats ad not only (god forbid) a functional sporty flair but something loud enough and eccentric that I can look at easily. I was also a big fan of that crossed jumpsuit
However there was too awkward of a transition from color palettes. It was not methodical at all, it was kind of confusing actually.
GRADE: B

Super Freak
Mary Karantzou

Mary Katrantzou Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Mary Katrantzou Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Mary Katrantzou Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear


Mary Katrantzou Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Mary Katrantzou Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Mary Katrantzou Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
OH MY GOD.
There are many words that I could use to describe this collection but let me go with the most outstanding; Avant Garde. Mary Katrantzou always leaves me stunned. This season I feel like she stepped outside of box and made a collection that is essentially my entire tumblr smashed into 2o something looks. Her fish dress makes you feel underwater, the movement is of waves. The anti symmetry of all of these looks are unreal.
A+

Starship Trooper
David Koma


David Koma Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear David Koma Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear David Koma Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
David Koma Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear David Koma Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear David Koma Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
This collection is clearly a mix of wacky star wars prints mixed with also wacky tribal prints. However Koma got it right. He made tribal look edgy, not like the crap you see in Seventeen, which makes obvious choices to wear a brown tribal blouse with a fake leather vest. I thought this collection was pretty freaking awesome. To put it in to words of a dorky teen girl. However my only dislike the tassels he put on the leggings. It doesn't really do this collection any justice to be perfectly honest.
Grade: A-

-ROMA











3 comments:

Hazel said...

Mary Katrantzou, god DAMN. I've never really seen her stuff before. But it's absolutely gorgeous. It's almost kid-crafty, but it's done so impeccably that it really doesn't matter.

x
Hazel

Sarah said...

Mary Katrantzou wins every time. Everything she produces is RIDIC beautiful! xxx (ps I love your blog!)

Izumihiiiflower said...

are you serious? I am not pretty enough to be a model, yet I love breaks! It's a fun game!