Brittney is really groovy. She has an unbelievabley eclectic and unique style that comes from all over the globe. She also writes deep and meaningful songs that are not corny. She has a wacky and fun style of writing which I always really like.
1. Write a Haiku about who you are.
A starving artist / Not literally starving / A perfectionist
2. What would you say your big style influence is?
The biggest ones are probably musicians (anyone from Patti Smith to Poly Styrene), nature and various cultures and tribes throughout history, like Ancient Greece and the Masaai tribe from Eastern Africa.
3. How does writing music contribute to who you are? What does it say about you.
Hmm, that's a really good question. As much as I love fashion and visual art, songwriting is probably my biggest obsession. I'm not sure I know what it says about me, though. Maybe it says I'm far too introspective for my own good ...
4. What is your favorite type of dessert?
Creme brulee, baby! With the raspberry goo on top. And then a shot of espresso after. I am really hungry now.
5. Why did you become interested in fashion design?
Well, I've always been a really intense, but soft spoken person. So, as a kid, I dressed up in crazy outfits to express the bolder, more intense part of myself. Then, the crazy outfits developed into more of a personal style and I took interest in the fashion industry itself, checkin' out all the new collections and what not. :)
6. What's your number one favorite song?? Oh crap, I'm torn! It's a tie between Runaway Train by Soul Asylum and Stay Monkey by Julie Ruin. Cheers to the 90s!
7. What's your best thrifiting find??
Oh baby, I know this one. 5 years ago, I bought a crochet sweater I've worn every other day since. Well, until it completely fell apart from all the safety pin pokage ... consider it a lesson learned. :/
8. How do you find inspiration for your moodboards?
Hmm, you think of really good questions, Roma. I guess I get inspired by either a colour scheme or single photo I'm obsessing over. I like playin' around with images and seein' all the different combinations I can come up with. Sometimes, the mood just kinda creates itself.
9. What magazines are you digging lately?
Unfortunately, I'm not as much of a magazine junkie as I used to be (rippin' out every other page and makin' collages). But, I love readin' RUSSH and really appreciate Surface for its combination of architecture and fashion.
10. How do you feel about grape soda?
Pure fizzy brilliance. I think I'm gonna go buy some grape soda and listen to Julie Ruin now.