22.7.11

The Air's too loud!

Vest, DYI. Dress, from a boutique in Asheville calledMinx. Shoes, Kate Spade. Tights, Gift.
So Basically this post was inspired by that Pop editorial, The Royal Tenebaums. I was incorporating weird Italian Housewives, 60's mod shapes, and general edgy quirkiness. I think I did a pretty decent job of conveying that and this is one of the few outfits I actually successfully photographed.
In general a lot of my inspiration has been derived from really bizarre and not bizarre things. I'm really interested in mod shapes (mainly because that is the only era dedicated to curve less lanky pixie headed women) *Cough, myself* I love the 60's though, I need a good mod dress. Any good etsy shops out there?!!! LKDSGHKJFHGLDFHKGDLHFFLKHJLGIHJYTLTYOI. Not sure what that was.
Anyway, so I'm going to *sleep away camp* for a month on sunday which I am stoked about but now I have to do like 80 scheduled post AAAAH! I will have very very very very limited internet so I'll catch up on you're posts then.


5 comments:

Claire said...

This outfit is SO badass I can't even describe it.
Seriously it's the best outfit ever. <3
Oh yeah, the template I use it minima stretch (one of the old templates).

Jen said...

Oh my gosh Roma this is my favorite outfit of yours!!! The denim vest, everything!!
Have fun at sleep-away camp!!

Dahl said...

Sleep-away camp??? That's so conformist and un-original! How can you wear clothes without peeing on them in the woods? Just kidding. I hope you have a terrific time. And by the way, that's your house? It's really cool. http://thearcenciel.blogspot.com/

Flow Disruption said...

Best one yet! I know I've said that a few times now, but I mean it everytime. Each new piece you post is awesome. The colours are divine, especially against your backdrop. Awesome in every way! Have fun at camp. ;)

sojourned in style said...

you were totally channeling exactly what you described. that vest is major coolness the back is sick. the overal quirkiness is insane.