11.7.11

Satan's Dream Boat


<i>The Bed.</i> 1968. USA. Directed by James Broughton

stocklist style headress lady, unknown, personal tumblr, persepolis film still, unknown, cat lady soul tumblr, comme ad.

Hi!
Just a quick post
So you see, I have this journal were I write personal teen ponderings. I talk about virtually everything on my mind that can't fit into blog posts. Why is it that Teen Girls have Journals anyway? Is it that we are so afraid to vent to other people that we have to write it in journals? A journal in my opinion should be used to archive someone's life, talking about important milestones in life, writing shouldn't be for one's self absorbed pleasures like it is depicted in sub par Disney channel movies. Think about it.



11 comments:

Hvit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hvit said...

Popping by to say I love the new layout, and I tried for age to comment on that post of yours with your awesome tulle vintage skirt, and lace top, as I wanted to say it was so cool and Meadham Kirchoffy...
But blogger failed me.
:)
And I'll consider the idea of raspberry hair.. ;)

20thCgirl said...

I've kept a journal since I was 11 but I don't write in it every day, more when the mood takes me / to unjumble all the stuff going on in my head.

I love your blog so I've given you my One Lovely Blogger Award!

sojourned in style said...

I agree journals should be penned for personal recording not gossipy stuff. sweet pictures, I like their diversity and emotion.

Flow Disruption said...

Oh no, 20TH C Girl beat me to it. I tagged you in my "Lovely Blog Award" as well. :)

I love the Frida Khalo inspired photo! She was such an amazing woman. And I agree about journals. That's why I like the idea of zines.

meri said...

lovely blog !

Roma said...

Hey thanks to all of you who gave me the award (3 of you?! ) I'll do a post when i have more time I am super busy right now

J'Adore Fashion said...

Love the black and white pictures!

xoxo
Stella

the fashion turd said...

i thought you had a walking cane in the first photo! but it was your lamp! would have been a cool accesory though! ;-)

Claire said...

Love these photos! Ahh and the new layout is so great!
Happy summer!

melina bee said...

mmm... not sure if I agree about your thoughts on journalling. One of my big regrets right now is that I burnt all my journals from my teen years (b/c I didn't want to relive any of it). I keep a million journals now, some private, some very public (ie my blog). I think writing can serve many purposes, one of which is to communicate with others, but also to communicate with yourself. the teen years esp are very volatile and emotional for young women in part b/c of society but also in large part b/c of raging hormones (the culprit behind everything ever really). I keep a private, pen and paper journal b/c I want a safe space in which to reflect and capture personal feelings. just my opinion.