20.6.11

Static Brain








Dress: Gift. Shoes: Thrifted.


Wow! So few outfit components! Holy moly! So this is what I wore to my friends bat mitzvah. Pretty freaking sweet huh? I was really excited because this was one of my monthly excursions to the city but I usually only visit ma family so that doesn't really count. McQueen was by far the most aaamaazzinng thing I have ever seen up close. McQueen's genius is so tragic and bizarre. I couldn't believe how unetheral his work was. The thought of being so close to his famous butterfly headpiece or his "Plato's Atlantis" is so unbelievable. Seriously though, if you live in the northeast I recommend seeing it, it was pretty life changing.
In other news, tomorrow is my last state test so I will really be off of school. I also have sort of been looking at runway stuff but honestly not nearly as much as I used to. My inspiration has mainly been derived from magazines and music. I don't know where it's going to head next. I also have started to model more in my outfit pictures which is pretty new.
Did you listen to Yelle? Did you enjoy her french singing skillz?! Now I recommend you listen to the musical styling of Dahler Medli. I love that man.
-Roma

16 comments:

melina bee said...

life needs more opportunities for photobooth pictures with friends, don't you think?
I love Yelle, she's so fun. cute dress!

20thCgirl said...

I love this dress! Trés Chanel, non?

Also the third photo down is freaking awesome. I'm so jealous you went to a McQueen exhibition, it must have been amazing to see his work up close!

"A cause des Garcons" by Yelle is one of the freaking catchiest songs EVER.

Hvit said...

You look super awesome here, simple sure but it's lovely. You look like Twiggy for some reason. Well you don't, quite, but there's something in these photos. I don't know.
Very cool anyway.

Claire said...

Wow. So stunning! The pictures are really really really incredible! The dress suits you SO well!

Katherine said...

Cute dress! I also liked the one you wore yesterday to the test. btdubs, what did u think of it? I thought it was pretty easy...
Also, I really like the third phot. You should style your hair like that more often! :)

Roma said...

katherine: Thanks ;) I love wearing dresses. That test was soo easy. I think i nailed it. not to jinx anything.

Ra: said...

you're beautiful! the dress is stunning! I'm extremely impressed!!! <3

Flow Disruption said...

Lookin' good! I'm totally in love with the Peter Pan collar. Is it lace? I can't really tell, but either way, it's awesome.

The simplicity of this outfit works really well. It's fun to watch your style grow. :)

Lexy @ Quirky Explosion said...

um AH YEAH THIS IS PRETTY FREAKING SWEET. You remind me of a doll. The collar is freaking awesome.

QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

Shayla said...

You look like a genuine damn model for sure! Gorgeous lady!

Savannah Burton said...

ooooh gurl! You look coooot! <3

Krystel Beltran said...

Your dress is pure magic. Specially the beautiful, beautiful collar and the second picture :).and the third. and the first.

Hazel said...

I lovelovelove your facial expressions! Super cute. :3

Anyway, the dress is super mod. It's very simple and lovely. Did you make it yourself or did you buy it somewhere? Either way, it's definitely another DIY I'm adding to my list.

Very nice. :3

Love always,
Hazel

olivias-pizzaz said...

How have I only just found your blog!! You look awesome!! Love your blog!
olivias-pizzazz.blogspot.com

alix said...

I love your hair in these photos, I cut my hair short recently, definitely stealing this styel

thesselle said...

La Roux.
Totally.
Love.