18.4.11

Russian Ballerina








What's New Pussy Cats?
So Spring break is here! I found the perfect opportunity to take outfit pictures today. I actually really like this outfit (not to sound self absorbed.) However my neighbors got a real kick of it. I was happily watching telivision when one of the cheerleaders stops in front of my house with one of her cheer fam sisters and points and laughs at me. Sorry for being an individual. Who does that?!

Anyway, this outfit was inspired by Prabal Gurung FW11 and a weird poster my dad got in Moscow in the 80's. By the way, does anyone know what that says? In this outfit I was really trying to channel russian ballerina.
Prabal Gurung Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearPrabal Gurung Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearPrabal Gurung Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearPrabal Gurung Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear
I love how the last look reminds me of an austrian dutchess or some sort of wealthy bussiness woman. I love Prabal Gurung, he has such a fresh eye in fashion. Each of his designs are so fluid. I honestly can't say there was a look that I really didn't like. He sort of copied something Karl did last year. Whatever.

So uhh, yeah, I'm wearing a vintage tutu (I am obsessed with it, I posted it here) a sweater my aunt wore in the 80's, scarf made by my other aunt. (Jeez my aunts give me a lot of stuffs) Target leggings, and of course my slow and steady wins the race wedges.

Oh! I almost forgot! Next post I'm going to scan my possible press zine that came with my shoes. Yummyyy.

credits: Russian Space Man ( my own) Talking heads (via silence sweetheart)

21 comments:

Phoebe said...

Vintage TuTu = best creation EVER

Jen in the Purple Pants said...

Love your scarf!! Your aunt is a talented person-who-makes-scarves!! Knitter?
What kind of people stop in front of other people's homes and laugh at them?? Losers. Yay for being an individual!!!

Sarah said...

that skirt/tutu is fantastic! I absolutely love it

Dahl said...

cute look! I'm a huge fan of tutus and ballerina inspired styles. Your aunts sound terrific :)

Marlena said...

gaaah you look adorable!
That tutu/petti-skirt thing is amazing *o*

Perverse Beauty said...

That first picture is THE SHIT. You look like an evil doll. Awesome!

xx - Lera

HF said...

Skirt and tights are just AWESOME! Gah- just so cool! :D (And when people laugh at you, I like to think you've made their day as well as yours- so everyone comes away happier!)

In other news- thanks for the comment on my blog about shoes. :) I do like Aldo and occasionally they have some cute quirky stuff so I'll definitely look, I'd forgotten it. And I'm checking out solestruck too. Thanks! :)

Perverse Beauty said...

Hey! Thanks for the sweet comment. I just wanted to let you know that yes, I was aiming for the song Moonlight Mile by the Stones. It's actually my favorite.

xx - Lera

the fashion turd said...

cutey! when i was 14 people took the piss out of me, and at 27 they still do! we are the special people....don't ever be normal! x x x

Claire said...

Your tutu is everything I ever aspire to be in life. The pastels! The volume! And the combination of the tights and shoes!
I'm just gonna go learn ballet so I have an excuse to buy tutus.
Oh man. That's awful. I hate those kind of people (pointing and laughing). They are so closed-minded and don't accept anyone who has even the slightest bit of individuality. People like that are the reason I don't like most people.
Just ignore it- at least you're wearing the kind of outfit that gets a reaction out of people! (another one of my aims in life) :P

Roma said...

jen: My aunt chrochetes, I learned how to last year, so far i can sort of make a scarf.
fashion turd: you are like my idol. i am guessing this is what my future looks like
claire: that's ma motive, freaking out the closed mine conformists of upstate ny!

Flow Disruption said...

I'm totally diggin' the Russian ballerina vibe. The colours in the tutu go well with the colours in the astronaut pic.

Oh, and I totally just realized the astronaut pic is hanging above your head. It's huge! That makes it even more awesome!

I left you a few comments, but you'll have to scroll down to older posts (much to catch up on). ;)

Zarna said...

i just love that vintage tutu! so cute!

Lexy @ Quirky Explosion said...

So, um, DOOOOD I'M LOVING THIS LOOOK. This actually BEYOND incredible.

You remind me of a circus, or something. BUT A TOTALLY AWESOME CIRCUS, OF COURSE. With super funky and fashionable people, OF COURSE. I love it!

You have got to be the raddest 14 year old out there. Fo' sho.

QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

Lexy @ Quirky Explosion said...

By the way, it's the hugest compliment when people waste their breathe making fun of/ laughing at your clothes. It means that 1) they have no life and 2) you do, because you're ORIGINAL. You go gurl.


QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

vickileestyle said...

the tulle skirt is fabulous! love prabal <3

check out my blog sale?
http://vickileestyle.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-sale.html ox

20thCgirl said...

I am jealous of that tutu, and how cool you look in it. I could not pull that off, I'd look about 5!

Your comment on my blog about the 80s inspired me to do a post on it - so naturally I'm in love with the sweater too :P

Jazz said...

very sweet! people can be so odd, laughing hmmm probably a compliment
come say hi hereharehere.blogspot.com xx jazz

sojourned in style said...

cooolnesss. the puffy tutu is an incredible piece!!! the oversized sweater, bright blue tights and prized shoes wowww!

melina bee said...

those shoes rock! and of course you are obsessed with that tutu, how could you NOT be?

Izumihiiiflower said...

80's look! this outfit remind me cyndi lauper or madona ^^

http://izumihiiiflower.blogspot.com