28.2.11

True Grit

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_cpi3rXU8b54/TUbFQLsYCYI/AAAAAAAAAS4/4XGCGz64bQY/s1600/celinecampaign14.jpg
Rodarte Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearRodarte Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearRodarte Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearRodarte Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearRodarte Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearRodarte Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear
Why Hello there!
Sorry for the huge post gap. I was away in Florida visiting my grandma. I was soooo stoked for the Oscars because I went insane trying to watch as many Oscar movies I could in a week. I saw True Grit and King's Speech. Well...not thatt many movies.
Basically, I tried to make this post ultra mod. Jil did a nice job completing my vision. I really like Celine this season, 9o's revieval anyone? It makes me want tlisten to grrl music (well I always want to but whatever).
Rodarte...hmm. Well, I really really was obsessed with the whole patchwork thing and the super ecletic prarie dresses. However, what the hell was with the random use of red. WAY TO KILL THE THEME LAURA AND KATE BE COOL WILL YOU?! See, I have the guts to actually dislike a part of a collection. Seriously, I loved the rest.
Oh and guess what!? I picked next months blogger!! However, this is subject to change.
Bye for now!!!
Roma who doth be a wonderful goat hearder.

oh p.s I got tagged in bella's post.
and p.p.s I highly advise you to vote for Zarna in the next big blogger contest.

5 comments:

Phoebedeirdra said...

awesome post, i totally got the mod vibe! (as you can see i am also an uncreative commenter. gaaah.) just fyi, the dash of red at the end of rodarte was put there because the sisters felt they couldn't do the kansan-prarie thing without a reference to the Wizard of Oz. (ruby slippers?) <3 great post, loveee your blog, as always! xo

Zarna said...

i still haven't seen true grit, but i love this celine ad!

Alyssa Nicole said...

I love these collections also. It is true talent when a designer can take a collection and take items from the past and make it modern.

http://alyflowers-azure.blogspot.com/

Claire said...

It really wasn't the best we've seen from Kate and Laura. I agree, the use of red was quite random, but I still like it a lot. There's something very fairy-tale-esque about it. The shape of the red dress above though, isn't quite my taste.
Nice post though! :)
www.notimeforchitchat.blogspot.com

sojourned in style said...

the celine ad is genius. skateboard and a jumpsuit are an usually great pair. i agree rodarte could have been better I expected much more from the mouth gaping amazingness of previous collections.